PHOENIX — Internal Revenue Service recently announced its Taxpayer Assistance Center formerly located on South 200 East in Salt Lake City has moved to a new location. The new location is at 5 Gateway Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84101.
Taxpayers requiring face-to-face assistance will need to call 1-844-545-5640 and make an appointment before visiting and should always check IRS.gov for days and hours of operation as well as services offered there.
All IRS Taxpayer Assistance Offices throughout the nation now provide service by appointment. Studies show that many taxpayers visit an IRS office to get a tax transcript, make a payment, resolve a notice, obtain a form or publication or ask about their refund. Many of these issues can be resolved at IRS.gov without traveling to an IRS office.
As a reminder, IRS.gov offers numerous online options for tax help that can save time and effort. Services include:
• Where’s My Refund?, people can check their refund status and estimated delivery date online at: www.irs.gov/refunds
• Free File, free tax software offered through IRS partners to allow persons to file their taxes online at: www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
• Get Transcript, order a transcript online and have it mailed, visit: www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
• Direct Pay, make tax payments or estimated tax payments directly debited from a checking or savings account online at: www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay
• Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, individuals or businesses can make all types of federal tax payments online at: www.irs.gov/payments/eftps-the-electronic-federal-tax-payment-system
• Online Payment Agreement, eligible taxpayers can set up installment payments for taxes owed online at: www.irs.gov/payments/online-payment-agreement-application
• Where’s My Amended Return, taxpayers can track the status of their amended return online at: www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return
• Answers to tax law questions, provides direct links to helpful resources to answer many tax questions online at: www.irs.gov/help/tax-law-questions
• About Your IRS Notice or Letter, important points in mind if a taxpayer gets a letter or notice online at: www.irs.gov/newsroom/about-your-irs-notice-or-letter
• All IRS Forms and Publications, find and download current tax forms, instructions and publications online at: www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
For additional information on available services, check out Publication 5136, the IRS Services Guide online at: www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5136.pdf